Need help with your creative business?
What Art School Didn’t Teach You assists emerging to mid-career artists on tackling a project or goal in mind. Consultations are designed with your needs and your creative style in mind. The only catch is that YOU do the work, we are just here to assist, coach, talk, and mentor you along the way but you are in charge of your own success.
What sort of business assistance can the Art School Blog help provide?
Any of the topics you have seen and read about on the blog are topics we can help you with. We offer a variety of business topics, but consults are NOT limited to the list below. Please reach out if you have questions.
- Facebook: Creating artist pages, groups or profiles, boosting posts, creating events, linking Facebook to your Etsy shop, changing your Facebook URL, starting ad campaigns
- Instagram: Account management, content generating, strategies for growing your followers
- Etsy: Setting up a shop, listing items, changing shop settings, proper packaging of items
- Grants: Proofreading and reviewing grant proposals for a second opinion, walk through grant proposal packets
- Blogging: Basic blog management, visual tips for blog consistencies, scheduling automatic blog posts, developing content
- Organization: Creating and managing your art inventory, organizing important business documents, learning what to keep and what to throw, email management systems, keeping track of exhibition dates and contacts
- Marketing: Basic arts publicity and media management, Ideas for promotional items and handouts, assistance compiling a mailing list, set up with Mail Chimp email software, writing press releases, creating media packets, preparing for media interviews
- Goals: Setting and managing artistic and business goals, creating a vision board, setting short and long term goals
- Exhibitions: Writing exhibition proposals, planning and preparing for solo exhibitions, planning group exhibitions, connecting with galleries, planning and preparing for open studio events and visits
- Small Business: How to start a small business, setting up a Limited Liability Company, receiving a state tax ID number, getting a FEIN number, basic business strategies and organizaiton
- Artist Tools: Artist Statements, Biographies, Resumes, Curriculum vitae, Designing a portfolio
What can I expect with consulting?
- Personal one-on-one arts business training
- Active learning and skill building set at your pace
- Self-directed curriculum, you decide consultation topic and direction
- A new sense of possibility and increased productivity
- Affordable coaching aimed at emerging and mid-career artists on a budget
- Accountability, follow-up, and feedback aimed at helping you succeed
Ready to consult?
Sign up below for a 30 minute online session or a 60 minute in-person consultation if you are in the Twin Cities metro area.